A bit about us
Trek is an awesome place to work, with amazing benefits for all employees. We build only products we love, provide incredible hospitality to our customers, and change the world by getting more people on bikes. When you’re on our team, you’re taken care of, encouraged to learn and grow, and given lots of opportunities to do so. Give us your best, and we’ll give it right back. Sound pretty sweet? Then come join us!
We are currently recruiting for:
- Position: UK+ Retail Marketing Specialist
- Location: Milton Keynes, UK (Office) or Remote (WFH) or hybrid (based in the UK)
- Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
- Remuneration: A fantastic compensation package including staff discounts on the best bikes in the world!
The UK+ Retail Marketing Specialist will be responsible for the delivery of the retail marketing programme for UK, Ireland, Poland, Czech Republic & Slovakia (UK+); ensuring the Trek brands, messages & products are well represented at retail both offline & online and building effective marketing support solutions to our retail network of Direct Owned Trek Stores (DOTS), Trek Flagship stores and the Independent Bicycle Dealers (IBD’s).
Additionally, the UK+ Retail Marketing Specialist will act as a key level of marketing support to the EU Retail Marketing Manager on the delivery of DOTS marketing to agreed goals and be the key point of contact for DOTS managers & district managers on day-to-day marketing topics – from digital activities to traditional POP activities.
The job role is diverse and calls for a candidate who can multi-task, think on their feet and confidently work on a number of different projects at any one time, successfully hitting scheduled deadlines. Working closely with the UK+ Retail Marketing Assistant, the wider UK+ Marketing and Sales teams, retailers and the DOTS team, the role therefore requires great communication and organisational skills.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Support the EU Retail Marketing Manager on all Direct Owned Trek Store marketing projects
- Own the campaign implementation process for the DOTS and the flagship retailer group
- Be the key point of contact for DOTS Store Managers and UK+ TM’s & Flagship stores on any day-to-day marketing requests and activities
- Manage & create an effective, cohesive & impactful marketing support programme for UK+ Flagships
- Ensure Global, European & DOTS marketing is fed through to Flagships, Key accounts and Independent Bicycle retailers, to agreed goals and meeting KPI’s.
- In-store event coordination for DOTS including assisting on-site where required
- Manage & coordinate B2B events, seminars and ride experiences for UK+ retailers
- Coordinate product launch marketing activities across DOTS & Flagships ensuring maximum exposure and footfall is generated (playbooks, launch calendar etc)
- Manage & communicate marketing calendar, assets, resources and POP for DOTS, Flagship & IBD retailers
- Work closely with UK+ PR, Communication and Digital functions to identify and act on content, trends and insights to be used with retailers and vice versa
- Key point of contact for social media activities across the DOTS & Flagships – from content suggestion to maintaining brand standards
- Regularly analyse, report and present outcomes, insights, statistics and upcoming activities to a variety of stakeholders, sharing best practices regularly.
- Maintain a high level of financial control on own activities and budget.
- Support UK+ Marketing Manager, UK+ Retail Manager and UK+ marketing team on execution of additional marketing projects and actions as required.
- 3+ years’ experience in marketing essential. Sales or retail-related experience advantageous
- Highly organised, excellent time management and pro-active goal accountability
- Strong digital skills and understanding of marketing data/insights
- Must have fluent English with strong written, verbal & visual communication skills
- Experience influencing marketing strategy and plans with the ability to effectively communicate with a wide variety of audiences & stakeholders
- Used to working in a fast-moving environment but ensuring attention to detail at all times.
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision
- High level of own commercial judgement & initiative
- Ability to build sound relationships with great customer service skills both internally and externally
- Proficient in Office applications
- Willingness and ability to travel as required
- Must reside in the UK and have valid driving license
- Polish and/or Czech and/or Slovak language would be advantageous
- Event organisation and coordination
- Interest in cycling and the bicycle industry, knowledge of Trek products or willingness to learn
Please apply and let us know how you're the perfect fit by forwarding your CV along with a covering letter detailing why you believe you are the right person for this role within Trek.
Applications close 24th October 2021. Interviews held 2nd November 2021.
Applications received without a covering letter will not be accepted.