Trek Travel’s mission is to serve the people who passionately believe the world is best seen from the seat of a bicycle. We are looking for a Trip Design Coordinator to join our team. The ideal candidate should be both a high-level thinker, and a detail-oriented person who can analyze the business and make strategic decisions efficiently and effectively. This position reports to the Trip Design Manager.
Primary Objectives of this position
The Trip Design Coordinator is responsible for the complete management of the Trek Travel trips in their regions. This is a hourly position, hours to be determined based on the assigned regions and responsibilities.
Specific Job Duties
- Coordinate the preparation of all guest information on the website itinerary
- Coordinate the preparation of all Sales information for all trips
- Negotiate and contract all hotels and subcontractors for the trips
- Create Trip Budgets for all trips and work with the Accounting department to manage costs, projections and profit margins
- Maintain all rooming lists for our hotels, including regular updates to hotels and Sales staff according to TT schedules.
- Coordinating with the TT Sales staff to maintain and manage room counts at all hotels. This includes communicating with the hotels when we need to release rooms and updating the TT booking system to reflect new room counts. TDCs will be aware of and closely monitor all cancellation policies with all hotels with the goal of avoiding or reducing cancellation fees.
- Prepare all documents for Trek Travel Guides to take place prior to the trips and be prepared to answer questions / get information to guides. TDC will arrange a meeting with each Guide Team to go over all specific trip documents, answer questions, and take care of any outstanding issues.
- Post trip, ensuring that all Guide Trip Documents are properly updated and posted
- Work closely with Trek Travel marketing team to promote the program
- Receive and review post trip documents and Guest Evaluations and work with the Trek Travel office to implement changes for future trips based on Guide and Guest feedback.
- Receive and review all Trip Budgets from the Guides after each trip to ensure that trip margins are being met.
- Work with the Guide Services Manager to properly schedule adequate trip preparation time for Guides working in the area for the upcoming season
Where will the job be based?
While this job is field-based/remote, the Trip Design Coordinator will be expected to establish with the Trek Travel main office structured “office hours” when they will be expected to be available to work (this includes communication, conference calls, emails, etc. with the Trek Travel main office in Madison, WI). Regardless of what time zone the Trip Design Coordinator lives in, they must arrange their schedules so that it coordinates with the Madison head office.
What qualifications do I need to be considered?
More than anything, a desire to become more involved in Trek Travel and to have more say and emphasis on the future direction of the company! We want to promote people who believe in the potential of Trek Travel and who are constantly looking at ways to improve our trips!
- Strong negotiation skills and attention to detail
- Solution-oriented. Able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Preferably has at least 3 years of guiding experience
- Familiar with MS Word, Email, Excel and comfortable working with Trip Budgets.
- Deadline-oriented; the successful applicant will have demonstrated the highest level of accountability in their previous trip-guiding paperwork and end of trip reports.
- Preferably Research, or other Trip Design experience with Trek Travel
- Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken.
- Strong organization skills and computer skills
- Access to high speed internet
A fast pace, casual, motivating, and fun company culture, where initiative and pro-activity are highly valued. If you have what it takes to be successful in the Trip Design Coordinator role and the desire to help shape Trek Travel’s future, we look forward to connecting with you!