Trek Bicycle is looking for a logistics pro! A leader who knows how to have fun, work hard, and make a difference. Trek is a lifestyle bicycle brand which takes a different approach to distribution and its team. We service our customers with the highest level of expectation and approach our team with the same level of care. Seeking a leader who can embrace fun while understanding the importance of delivering the highest level of performance on a consistent basis. If Trek sounds like a company that fits your style, please read on because we would love to hear from you!
We believe in taking a people first approach to achieve world class hospitality through continuous improvement. Trek is hiring a Trade Compliance Manager – EU/UK – The individual hired will be working with varying levels of management in multiple departments to fulfill Trek’s aspirations internationally. Must be able to communicate, collaborate and work well across teams in a multi-discipline organization. The ideal candidate must have high energy/drive, be a critical thinker, thrive in a fast-paced work environment, demonstrate strong communication and technical problem-solving skills, able to work independently, and have fun while working for the greatest bike company on earth!
- Lead trade compliance and customs initiatives across Europe.
- Manage processes to support the execution of HTS classification, country of origin determination, valuation, free trade agreements, and other critical trade compliance functions.
- Audit European import entry data. Assess opportunities to reduce risk of error and develop exception management.
- Oversee and guide duty mitigation programs including end use and bonded warehouse.
- Implement and lead technology solutions that facilitate trade compliance and the movement of goods.
- Evaluate and resolve potential trade compliance risks.
- Establish corrective and preventative actions through continuous improvement initiatives.
- Create, implement, document standard operating policies and procedures for trade compliance.
- Develop internal training program to support trade compliance initiatives and requirements.
- Provide international support and advice to global Business Units and functions in case of new processes to be implemented. Provide support to Regional Process Experts and local colleagues.
- Be part of a team of highly motivated specialists in different regions that work together to further develop and communicate the Trade & Customs Business Process Owner program for Trek.
- Represent Trade & Customs on strategic projects with cross-functional and cross-regional teams.
- Other requirements to support Trek’s trade compliance program in the EU and UK, as identified.
- This is a full-time position at 40 hours per week.
- Position based in Germany. The Netherlands will be considered.
- Master-level education in customs trade affairs.
- Bilingual in English and German required.
- 8-10 years’ progressive experience in a corporate import/export compliance setting required.
- Comprehensive understanding of EU and UK regulations and customs brokerage is essential.
- Continuous improvement experience preferred.
- Experience leading and managing projects, results-oriented and a can-do attitude.
- Proficient with current Microsoft Office programs.
- Detail oriented, with exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work both independently and on teams.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills. Demonstrated ability to multi-task varied projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to interact effectively across multi-functional teams.
- Self-motivated with a strong work ethic; accepts accountability and responsibility for actions.
- Proven ability to work in an international and culturally diverse environment.