A bit about us:
Trek is an awesome place to work, with amazing benefits for all employees. We build only products we love, provide incredible hospitality to our customers, and change the world by getting more people on bikes. When you’re on our team, you’re taken care of, encouraged to learn and grow, and given lots of opportunities to do so. Give us your best, and we’ll give it right back. Sound pretty sweet? Then come join us!
Trek Retail is seeking an Environmental Graphic Designer for full-time employment at our global headquarters located just minutes from Madison, Wisconsin.
The Retail Environmental Graphic Designer will be responsible for developing and producing a variety of 3D graphic treatments for application in retail spaces. You will work closely with the Retail Store Designers, District Visual Merchandisers and Project Managers to develop strong visual themes and represent the Trek brand identity in space and be involved in all phases of the design process from conceptual development through artwork production.
40% Retail Environment Development:
Support retail team in designing 3-dimensionalgraphics with the understanding of how graphics and interior design work cohesively together. Apply knowledge of layout principles, aesthetic design concepts, typography, branding, all types of substrates, and fixtures. Example deliverables include: interior and exterior signage, large format displays, wall murals and more.
30% Production and Implementation:
Ability to manage multiple projects under tight deadlines. Execute high-quality, print-ready files for environmental design concepts. Ability to communicate concepts and solutions through drawings and verbal communication in all phases of the process, to ensure the design is executable. Clear understanding and knowledge of substrates to secure proper 2D and 3D specifications for the project, budget and retail space. Build and maintain vendor communications to ensure execution of design.
30% Quality Assurance:
Understand and execute all phases of the design process from production to installation. Ensure deliverables for all 2D and 3D elements are executable and clearly communicated to guarantee they are accurately fabricated and installed. Examples include: documentation to vendor, production files, substrate specification, quantities, and special instructions.
- Willing to learn and apply new processes, methods and tools on the job.
- Ability to share knowledge with the team to strengthen overall capacity to take on work.
- Effective written, drawn and verbal communication.
- Ability to maintain and meet deadlines.
- Develop and maintain relationships with internal members and outside vendors to make decisions independently.
- Have a high standard of quality, holding yourself accountable for everything that leaves your production.
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design, Architecture or related design discipline is required.
- Minimum 3 years of experience within a creative team or corporate department working with graphic design as it applies to space.
- Experience researching and selecting substrates for 2D and 3D applications.
- Experience producing large format graphic and display applications.
- Must be comfortable working collaboratively with designers to execute projects. Must be able to organize and self-manage multiple projects and deadlines at one time.
- Ability to quickly grasp project programs, parameters, brand standards and templates while being sensitive to established creative integrity.
- Proficient in graphic design applications including Adobe Creative Suite: InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop.
- Microsoft Office Suite is required. Skills in Bluebeam and Sketchup is a plus.
- Flexible and fun company culture
- Competitive health care
- PPO & HDHP medical plan options, Dental insurance, Vision insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Free life insurance & optional term life insurance
- Competitive vacation package
- 401(k) with match and Employee Stock Ownership Plans (ESOP)
- 12 weeks of maternity leave with 100% pay
- Flexible holiday schedule – 10 company holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement up to $15,000! (Undergraduate & Masters programs)
- Employee discounts on all product
- Deep partner retail discounts
*All resumes must be accompanied by portfolio and/or website link.