A bit about us:
Trek is an awesome place to work, with amazing benefits for all employees. We build only products we love, provide incredible hospitality to our customers, and change the world by getting more people on bikes. When you’re on our team, you’re taken care of, encouraged to learn and grow, and given lots of opportunities to do so. Give us your best, and we’ll give it right back. Sound pretty sweet? Then come join us!
Trek is seeking an Environmental Production Artist for full-time employment at our global
headquarters located just minutes from Madison, Wisconsin.
The Environmental Production Artist will be responsible for producing a variety of retail signage, displays and permanent signage for retail interiors. You will work closely with the Environmental Graphic Design Manager, Designers and vendors, to collaborate and execute production files. This position will be involved in all phases of the process including but not limited to formatting artwork, file organization, recording details, and working directly with vendors to achieve the best quality standards.
50% Production Environmental Design + 30% Implementation + 20% Quality Assurance:
Collaborate and create final files for 3-dimensional graphics with the understanding of how substrates and interior spaces work cohesively together. This position must be able to demonstrate clear knowledge of print production and exhibit pixel-perfect attention to detail. Example deliverables include interior and exterior signage, wayfinding, large format displays, wall murals and more.
Execute high-quality, print-ready files for environmental design concepts
Ability to manage multiple projects under tight deadlines
Extreme attention to detail
Clear and concise communication skills
Deep understanding of typography
Diligence in file-naming structures and organization
Ability to work quickly and with multiple points of feedback and changes
Ability to work independently to troubleshoot production related issues
Provide image retouching, clipping paths and additional image manipulation
Package and preflight files for release to printers
Follow a development timeline to ensure tasks are being completed on time
Clear understanding and knowledge of substrates to secure proper 3D print specifications
Help build and maintain vendor communications
• Willing to learn and apply new processes, methods and tools on the job.
• Ability to share knowledge with the team to strengthen overall capacity to take on work.
• Effective written and verbal communication.
• Ability to maintain and meet deadlines.
• Develop and maintain relationships with internal members and outside vendors to make decisions independently.
• Have a high standard of quality, holding yourself accountable for everything that leaves your production.
• Minimum 3-5 years of experience as a production artist within a creative environment or pre-press department.
• Experience researching and selecting substrates for 3D applications.
• Experience producing large format graphics and display applications.
• Must be able to organize and self-manage multiple projects and deadlines at one time.
• Ability to quickly grasp project programs, parameters, brand standards and templates while being sensitive to established creative integrity.
• Proficient in graphic design applications including Adobe Creative Suite: InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop.
• Microsoft Office Suite is required. Skills in Adobe CAD Tools is a plus.
Flexible and fun company culture
Competitive health care
PPO & HDHP medical plan options, Dental insurance, Vision insurance
Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
Free life insurance & optional term life insurance
Competitive vacation package
401(k) with match and Employee Stock Ownership Plans (ESOP)
12 weeks of maternity leave with 100% pay
Flexible holiday schedule – 10 company holidays
Tuition Reimbursement up to $15,000! (Undergraduate & Masters programs)
Employee discounts on all product
Deep partner retail discounts
*All resumes must be accompanied by portfolio and/or website link.