A bit about us:
Trek is an awesome place to work, with amazing benefits for all employees. We build only products we love, provide incredible hospitality to our customers, and change the world by getting more people on bikes. When you’re on our team, you’re taken care of, encouraged to learn and grow, and given lots of opportunities to do so. Give us your best, and we’ll give it right back. Sound pretty sweet? Then come join us!
The Internal Audit Manager is a key player in Trek’s Internal Audit function. The role is responsible for leading the execution of Trek’s internal audit plan, conducting audits to assess the effectiveness of controls, accuracy of financial records, and efficiency of operations. The Internal Audit Manager will play an important role in advising the Director of Internal Audit & the Finance Senior Leadership Team, as to the design and effectiveness of Trek’s Internal Control environment globally. This is a high visibility position, with the opportunity to quickly implement valuable changes in the organization.
- Lead the execution of the annual internal audit plan, with the assistance of audit staff (senior auditor), with direction from the Director of Internal Audit.
- Assist in the development of the annual internal audit plan, risk identification, and internal control consultations.
- Responsible for planning, executing, and reporting on both financial and operational audit projects.
- Be comfortable presenting to varying levels of management, from Executive to front line. Ability to succinctly identify and communicate risks and control gaps.
- Lead and develop staff of 1-2 auditors for each audit engagement. Direct reports.
- Establish documentation standards and review workpapers for appropriate support of issues.
- Responsible for tracking action plans for open audit issues, globally. Rapport with business partners is key in ensuring issue closure and resolution.
- As needed, consult on internal control/risk engagements with key global finance leaders.
- Act as a change agent within the business, proactively move Trek towards a more effective and efficient control environment.
- Coordinate Trek’s record retention policies and procedures.
- Other Duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related field.
- 3 – 8 years of experience in Financial Auditing, including 1 – 2 years in Public Accounting and 3 – 6 years in Internal Audit.
- Global travel as necessary.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Internal Auditing Standards and GAAP.
- CPA, CIA, CISA, CFE, or CCEP preferred.
- Flexible and fun company culture
- Competitive health care
- PPO & HDHP medical plan options, Dental insurance, Vision insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Free life insurance & optional term life insurance
- Competitive vacation package
- 401(k) with match and Employee Stock Ownership Plans (ESOP)
- 12 weeks of maternity leave with 100% pay
- Flexible holiday schedule – 10 company holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement up to $15,000! (Undergraduate & Masters programs)
- Employee discounts on all product
- Deep partner retail discounts