Global Logistics Specialist (Taiwan)
As a member of our Global Trade & Logistics team, the Global Logistics Specialist will develop, implement and manage processes related to Trek’s global logistics operations at origin. The position will work closely with suppliers and buyers as a subject matter expert in global supply chain operations. The Global Logistics Specialist will identify and lead process improvements to decrease costs and increase efficiency throughout Trek’s global network.
- Implement, manage and maintain automated ocean and air freight booking processes for global destinations for Trek’s transportation management system.
- Analyze, interpret and implement key performance metrics for logistics operations.
- Identify and lead logistics process improvements with both internal Trek buyers and external Trek suppliers.
- Support expansion and adoption of Trek’s transportation management system throughout supply chain network.
- Establish and implement corrective and preventative actions through continuous improvement initiatives.
- Prepare and implement standard operating policies and procedures for global logistics processes.
- Maintain positive, productive relationships with internal parties and external logistics service providers.
- Other requirements to support Trek’s global supply chain, as needed or identified.
- Bachelor’s degree in international business, supply chain or related field.
- 3-5 years international transportation and/or logistics experience required.
- Continuous improvement experience preferred.
- Proficient with current Microsoft Office programs. Intermediate-level Excel proficiency preferred.
- Detail oriented, with exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work both independently and on teams.
- Strong organizational skills and demonstrated ability to multi-task varied projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to interact effectively across multi-functional teams.
- Self-motivated with a strong work ethic; accepts accountability and responsibility for actions.
- English proficiency, both written and verbal, required.