Global Logistics Manager - Taiwan
As a member of our Global Trade & Logistics department, the Global Logistics Manager will lead a team responsible for developing, implementing, and managing processes related to Trek’s global logistics operations at origin. This position will work closely with suppliers and buyers as a subject matter expert in global supply chain operations. As a local team lead, this position will be the escalation point for all logistics operational activities at origin, managing and supporting local team members as needed. This candidate will be responsible for modeling and instilling a culture of respect, teamwork and consistency on a new and growing team.
- Oversee daily origin logistics operations within Trek's transportation management system. Manage and execute automated ocean and airfreight booking shipping processes to Trek's global destinations.
- Lead team objective of developing standard operating policies and procedures for global logistics processes at origin. Identify and lead team logistics process improvements with both internal Trek buyers and external Trek suppliers.
- Organize and allocate local team members appropriately to ensure the team is quickly and efficiently fulfilling all logistics operational responsibilities. Provide great customer service to Trek's entire global logistics network through sustained operational efficiency and consistency.
- Act as regional subject-matter expert and point of escalation for Trek’s suppliers for the implementation, maintenance and usage of Trek’s transportation management system.
- Maintain positive, productive relationships with internal parties and external logistics service providers.
- Organize and conduct regular business reviews with local account team members from Trek's logistics service provider network.
- Analyze, interpret and implement key performance metrics for logistics operations. Provide regular status updates and reporting to internal Trek customers of the team's logistics processes.
- Other requirements to support Trek’s global supply chain, as needed or identified.
- Bachelor’s degree in international business, supply chain or related field.
- Minimum 5-7 years international transportation and/or logistics experience required.
- Supervisory experience mandatory.
- Experience with Transportations Management and ERP Systems strongly preferred.
- Proficient with current Microsoft Office programs. Intermediate-level Excel proficiency preferred.
- Detail oriented, with exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong organizational skills and demonstrated ability to multi-task varied projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to interact effectively across multi-functional teams.
- Self-motivated with a strong work ethic; accepts accountability and responsibility for actions.
- English proficiency, both written and verbal, required.