Trek Bicycle is a global leader in the design and manufacture of bicycles and related products. Trek believes the bicycle can be a simple solution to many of the world’s most complex problems and is committed to breaking down the barriers that prevent people from using bicycles more often for transportation, recreation, and inspiration. Our mission is to create products we love, and to take care of our customers. We value our team, making sure the best is on the field. We value new ideas from all sources, inspiring others with our positive energy, dealing with reality to make the tough calls, and getting things done fast. We want to turn ideas into reality. You can find further information on www.trekbikes.com
We are looking for an experienced:
European Retail Store Designer (100%, m/w/d)
The European Retail Store Designer is a key position in supporting the development of Trek’s Directly Owned Retail and Flagship Partner Business in Europe.
The core responsibility of this role is developing designs for new store openings both Greenfield and Acquisition, alongside remodels in existing stores and flagship retailers to enable the consistent execution of standards across multiple markets. Furthermore, this role will be responsible for construction drawings of store projects, vital to enable new store openings and remodels to be delivered successfully on time and to budget.
This role reports to the European Design and Construction Manager for all design related duties.
- Prepare designs for new stores, remodels and flagships and manage them through the various stages of approval.
- Prepare technical construction drawings for the execution.
- Work closely with the Business Development Project Manager, Store Managers and other members of the Central Team to document and plan for the roll out of new stores and remodels
- Produce Store Designs and construction drawings using Revit / AutoCad / Sketch Up
- Determine full project plans for each design and for the construction project
- Attend sites across Europe for site surveys and discussions with retailers and contractors
- Any other duties deemed necessary by the Business Developer or Project Manager, to enable the successful development of the European Busines
- Bachelor’s Degree or similar in Interior Architecture and/or design
- 3-5+ years core skill experience in commercial interior architecture firm; inclusive but not limited to schematic design development, construction documentation and construction administration
- Proficiency in Revit, AutoCAD and Sketchup
- Excellent written and verbal English
- Knowledge of current building codes and ADA compliancy
- Knowledge of construction and engineering practices including budgeting, estimating and scheduling
- Excellent presentation skills
- Experience of managing projects from concept to build
- Knowledge of construction plans (demolitions, walls, electricity, plumbing, painting etc.)
- Detailed furniture and graphic distribution plans
- Experience of management and dealing directly with contractors
- Orders of F&F packs and graphics
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects at the same time
- Self-motivated with strong communication skills and ability to foster team environment
- Agile and adaptable to changing business environments and work priorities
- Apply knowledge of multidisciplinary design principles and practices to achieve successful store projects
- Organized and deadline driven and work well under pressure
- Ability to work on multiple projects and excel in a less structured environment
- Willing to travel internationally
What we offer:
- Diverse range of tasks with a large area of responsibility and freedom for personal initiatives
- With Great Place to Work Label certified and owner-operated company
- Very good social benefits and Trek benefits
- Motivated and open team
- Modern office space
Are you interested?
Then send your complete application documents by e-mail to our HR responsible: