A bit about us
Trek is an awesome place to work, with amazing benefits for all employees. We build only products we love, provide incredible hospitality to our customers, and change the world by getting more people on bikes. When you’re on our team, you’re taken care of, encouraged to learn and grow, and given lots of opportunities to do so. Give us your best, and we’ll give it right back. Sound pretty sweet? Then come join us!
Position Summary/Job Description:
Advanced Technologies team is looking for an Embedded Systems Software Engineer to work on multidisciplinary early concept projects. Embedded Systems Software Engineer is responsible for developing the embedded software solutions for the incubating rider-bike interfacing technology concepts with a mass production intent. In this role, you’ll be an integral part of the new concept team that propels the next generation product development.
- Work in an interdisciplinary R&D teams to distill technical tasks out of the end-user expectations. Define the concepts’ functional and design specifications.
- Own the system design and firmware on hardware prototypes. Work with embedded hardware engineer, and design and code firmware that drives microcontroller or SoC based prototypes. Test/debug/QA the system performance.
- When applicable, develop client applications for rapid field testing of the concepts, or actively contribute in application software development.
- Work with IoT architect to map out the system architecture necessary to deploy the applications.
- Participate and occasionally drive the project sprints to keep high-velocity process.
- Extensive experience in SoC/microprocessor programming (ARM, Nordic nRF52 preferred) in C/C++ language. Additional hands-on experience with Arduino, Swift, and Python would be valuable.
- Experience with firmware development for I2C, SPI USB peripherals, sensors, CANbus, and for RF communication protocols Wifi, BLE, LoRA, and cellular
- Demonstrated experience in designing PCB layouts, and building physical prototypes is highly desirable.
- Skills to develop mobile (Android and/or iOS)/desktop client application would be highly valuable when we want to quickly test the prototypes in the field
- Knowledge of display technologies is desired
- Knowledge of machine learning, edge AI, and computer vision image processing with OpenCV library is desired
- Demonstrated knowledge of digital signal processing
- Demonstrated experience in managing budget and project schedule
- Risk assessment skills
Attributes of a successful candidate:
- A resilient and resourceful problem solver who emphasizes execution.
- A reliable teammate who brings humility and compassion to create a positive work environment.
- Ability to give effective and candid professional feedback in a respectful manner.
- Ability to formulate good hypotheses and estimate risks for big vision ideas.
- Practices a good documentation habit.
- Develops and exports talents.
- Bachelor/Master’s/PhD degree in electrical engineering, and/or computer science, or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of industry experience as a firmware engineer, or embedded system design engineer
- Domain knowledge in outdoor/fitness consumer product development is a plus
Remote work options available
Flexible and fun company culture
Competitive health care
PPO & HDHP medical plan options, Dental insurance, Vision insurance
Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
Free life insurance & optional term life insurance
Competitive vacation package
401(k) with match and Employee Stock Ownership Plans (ESOP)
12 weeks of maternity leave with 100% pay
Flexible holiday schedule – 10 company holidays
Tuition Reimbursement up to $15,000! (Undergraduate & Masters programs)
Employee discounts on all product
Deep partner retail discounts