Trek Bicycle Corporation in Waterloo, WI is seeking to hire a Business Intelligence (BI) Analyst. The Trek Business Intelligence Team works closely together in a true team fashion. We support one another, provide honest and timely feedback to one another, and we help one another be successful delivering value to our business customers. The BI Analyst is also responsible for building strong relationships with business stakeholders, collecting business requirements, formulating functional designs, prototyping solutions, conducting data analysis, testing, and training the business on features developed by the Business Intelligence team.
The BI Analyst will participate in prioritizing Business Intelligence and Data Integration requests and requirements globally and provide technical requirements for Business intelligence and Data Integrations developers using Scrum and Kanban methodologies. The candidate is expected to support business users with Level II data support, provide analytics assistance from BI, and provide training of BI tools and solutions to business users.
The BI Analyst quickly learns Trek’s enterprise data warehouse, the sources used to populate it, and how its data is utilized by all areas of the company.
The candidate is familiar with Microsoft Business Intelligence tools (SQL, SSAS, SSIS, SSRS, Azure Data products, Excel, Power BI, DAX) and can write SQL queries and utilize them to validate new features or trouble-shoot data issues. The candidate is also familiar with RESTful API’s and understands basic concepts of HTTP. We are a fast-paced team that interacts with all area of the business.
- Proactively collaborate with stakeholders in all levels of the company.
- Gather requirements from business stakeholders.
- Document the requirements in the form of an Agile story, create mock-ups, prototypes, ad-hoc SQL queries, and other artifacts to support requirements.
- Execute testing needed to assure the desired functionality and data integrity of BI solutions meet the business requirements and deadlines.
- Provide end-to-end training for the global business.
- Provide on-going analytical support for BI solutions released to the business.
- Proactively identify data quality issues and recommend data integrity checks to alert users when such issues occur.
- Innovate, using the latest technology, or deliver information needed to drive business decisions.
- Provide Level II Business Intelligence Help Desk support for Trek employees globally.
- Proactively assist in communicating to users with respect to BI software upgrades and new features released by BI.
- Proactively share knowledge with co-workers and ensure appropriate knowledge transfer to cover duties during illness, vacations, training, etc.
- Developing and delivering reporting for business users on multiple platforms such as Power BI, SSRS, Power Pivot, and Excel.
- Supporting our Data Integrations team as a project manager
- Developing stories and road maps for Data Integration projects.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Computer Science (equivalent professional experience considered)
- Minimum 3 years of experience in an IT Business Analysis role with at least 2 years of hands-on continuous work experience in using Microsoft SQL Server Business Intelligence tools to support user reporting needs.
- Ability to understand complex business & system processes and clearly articulate business requirements.
- Ability to perform detailed data analysis (i.e. determine the structure, content, and quality of the data through examination of source system data and data samples).
- Able to read and write SQL query statements.
- Proficient in MS Excel and Microsoft’s Power BI Suite (Power BI, Power Query, PowerPivot, DAX)
- Professional experience in successfully supporting users’ reporting and data needs.
- Experience with Azure data products.
- Good written / oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated success working in an Agile or team-based environment.
- One (1) year experience working with ERP data is preferred (Trek uses JD Edwards)
- SOA and Microservices is a plus
- Using Postman is a plus
- Experience using Token-based authentication is a plus
- eCommerce data experience is a plus
- Experience with SharePoint is a plus
- Experience with CRM is a plus