Trek Bicycle is a global leader in the design and manufacture of bicycles and related products. Trek believes the bicycle can be a simple solution to many of the world’s most complex problems and is committed to breaking down the barriers that prevent people from using bicycles more often for transportation, recreation, and inspiration.
Madison BCycle, a subsidiary of Trek Bicycle Corporation, has been Madison Wisconsin’s bike share provider since 2011. In 2019, Madison BCycle launched the first full fleet conversion to electric bikes. We offer modern and innovative Bosch equipped BCycle Electric bikes. With 300+ E-bikes and 45+ stations across campus and downtown, Madison BCycle is getting more people on bikes and transforming how people use bike share for personal mobility, transportation and exploring the beautiful city of Madison, WI.
Madison BCycle is looking for energetic, self-motivated general technician(s) to join the Madison BCycle team. This role is the public face of BCycle in the field; therefore, a positive and friendly attitude is an absolute necessity!
As employees of Trek Bicycle, an awesome place to work, Madison BCycle team members are eligible for employee product discounts, access to Trek’s own private cyclocross and single-track course, health, dental, vision coverage for those who work 20 or more hours a week, paid time off, sick time, and weekly Friday group rides with your team.
General Technician Responsibilities
- Ability to learn the BCycle way -certifications available for bike mechanics and field technicians
- BCycle eBike fleet support – build, inspect, maintain, repair, and overhaul of the 400+ eBike fleet
- BCycle eBike battery swapping
- Assist with balancing the system -moving eBikes around town to meet the needs of our riders
- BCycle field tech support of BCycle station cleanliness, functionality, and reliability
- Inventory management support
- Event support
- Provide positive customer service & interactions
- Operating & maintaining of Trek/BCycle vans
- Installation and removal of stations during our Spring launch and Winter shut down.
- Assist with other projects given by General or Operations Manager
- The position does not require a degree, but a clean driving record is a must
- Must be able to lift 55 lbs. or more regularly throughout the workday, and 100+ lbs. assisted during Spring launch and Winter shut down
- Must be able to be on your feet and mobile for up to the entirety of your shift
- Positive attitude and self-motivation are a requirement to “Get Stuff Done”
- Small team skills and a willingness to have fun while completing the goals are a must!
- Impressive attention to detail; bike mechanic or computer technician experience a plus
- Evening and weekend availability are a must
- Schedule will vary depending on the season – flexibility is a plus