Trek Bicycle is a global leader in the design and manufacture of bicycles and related products. Trek believes the bicycle can be a simple solution to many of the world’s most complex problems and is committed to breaking down the barriers that prevent people from using bicycles more often for transportation, recreation, and inspiration.
Boulder BCycle, initially launched in 2011 is transitioning to a fully-electric bike fleet as a subsidiary of Trek Bicycle Corporation. With 300 E-bikes and 40+ stations across Boulder, Boulder BCycle will get more people riding and transform how people use bike share for personal mobility, transportation and exploring the beautiful city of Boulder, CO.
BCycle is looking for energetic, self-motivated maintenance technicians to join the team. This role is the public face of BCycle in the field; therefore, a positive and friendly attitude is an absolute necessity! As employees of Trek Bicycle, an awesome place to work, BCycle team members are eligible for employee product discounts.
- Electric bike battery swapping
- Balancing the system (moving e-bikes around)
- Customer service/interaction (questions on the street)
- Operating/maintaining service vehicles (clean and running)
- Bikes maintenance (in-field inspections, basic repairs, overhauls, cleaning)
- Maintaining stations (some troubleshooting, replacing parts, batteries, cleaning)
- Installation and removal of stations
- Events (prepping e-bikes, set up, tabling, tear down)
- Ability to adapt to changing roles
- The position does not require a degree, but a clean driving record is a must
- Must be able to lift 55 lbs. or more regularly throughout the workday
- Positive attitude and self-motivation are a requirement to Get Stuff Done
- Small team skills and a willingness to have fun while completing the goals are a must!
- Impressive attention to detail and bike mechanic experience a plus
- Evening and weekend availability and flexible scheduling
- Schedule will vary depending on the season
- As an employee of Trek, this role will require proof of Covid-19 vaccination or filing of a valid health or religious exemption, subject to final exemption approval by Trek.