A bit about us
Trek is an awesome place to work, with amazing benefits for all employees. We build only products we love, provide incredible hospitality to our customers, and change the world by getting more people on bikes. When you’re on our team, you’re taken care of, encouraged to learn and grow, and given lots of opportunities to do so. Give us your best, and we’ll give it right back. Sound pretty sweet? Then come join us!
Trek & BCycle, its bike share subsidiary, are proud to launch Encinitas BCycle in 2021 with an all-electric pedal assist bike fleet. With this launch, Encinitas will join the e-bike revolution, bringing 100+ shared e-bikes to the city and changing the way people move through it.
BCycle is looking for energetic, self-motivated maintenance technicians to join the team. This role is the public face of BCycle in the field; therefore, a positive and friendly attitude is an absolute necessity! As employees of Trek Bicycle, an awesome place to work, BCycle team members are eligible for employee product discounts.
- Electric bike battery swapping
- Balancing the system (moving e-bikes around)
- Customer service/interaction (questions on the street)
- Operating/maintaining service vehicles (clean and running)
- Bikes maintenance (in-field inspections, basic repairs, overhauls, cleaning)
- Maintaining stations (some troubleshooting, replacing parts, batteries, cleaning)
- Installation and removal of stations
- Events (prepping e-bikes, set up, tabling, tear down)
- Ability to adapt to changing roles
- The position does not require a degree, but a clean driving record is a must
- Must be able to lift 55 lbs. or more regularly throughout the workday
- Positive attitude and self-motivation are a requirement to Get Stuff Done
- Small team skills and a willingness to have fun while completing the goals are a must!
- Impressive attention to detail and bike mechanic experience a plus
- Evening and weekend availability and flexible scheduling
- Schedule will vary depending on the season
- As an employee of Trek, this role will require proof of Covid-19 vaccination or filing of a valid health or religious exemption, subject to final exemption approval by Trek.