Trek Bicycle is a global leader in the design and manufacture of bicycles and related products. Trek believes the bicycle can be a simple solution to many of the world’s most complex problems and is committed to breaking down the barriers that prevent people from using bicycles more often for transportation, recreation, and inspiration.
Our mission is to create products we love and take care of our customers. We value our team, making sure the best is on the field. We value new ideas from anywhere, inspiring others with our positive energy, dealing with reality to make the tough calls, and getting things done fast- turning ideas into reality.
TREK has several offices in the United States, Asia and Europe. The European Central office, including the Product Design & Engineering group, is located in Harderwijk and our European Distribution Center in Wijchen.
For our office in Harderwijk we are currently looking for a Assistent Controller with at least 4 years of experience in a similar role. As Assistent Controller you will get the opportunity to obtain a good understanding of our business and an excellent start to a professional journey in the bicycle industry.
This role will make a major impact on Trek’s business across Europe. You will develop & deliver optimal processes, great analytics and storytelling and ultimately increased profitability through better understanding and robust challenging. In this role you’re part of our central finance team and directly report to the Benelux Controller who reports directly to the CFO in the UK. You will be leading the ECO / Accounts Payable team (2.2 FTE). You will be the first point of contact for any questions arising from the ECO / Accounts payable team.
You will take on a variety of financial & reporting tasks that are related to our distribution and European Central Office.
1. Financial processing
- Monthly close activities of the European Central Office
- Timely reconciliation of all balance sheet accounts
- Presentation of financial results to business stake holders
- Strong relationship with the external accountants and leading the interim and year-end audit
- Budgeting departmental expenses for our European Central Office
- Periodically updating the rolling forecast for the various departments
- Continuous focus on process improvement
- Ensure accounting policies meet the requirements of Dutch, Belgian and US gaap
- Expert in VAT, Intrastat and other regulatory processes for The Netherlands and Belgium
- Ensure transfer pricing and international tax requirements/documentation are addressed
- Support the customs status & requirements for the Netherlands bonded warehouse Periodic CBS reporting (Dutch central office of statistics)
- WKR management
- Manage or act as cover for payroll administration
- Improve VAT, Intrastat and other regulatory reporting processes
- Internal control compliance and drive for improvement
- Train non-financial staff on company financial procedures
- Provide tools to support profit growth
- Provide our European Central Office with analytical support
- Advise on managing inventories, inventory reserves and inventory related accruals
- Support and participate in the negotiations and evaluations of facility costs
- Work close together with the local controller, the logistic warehouse manager and the European warehouse controller
- Spokesperson of the European controllers for intercompany charges
- Continuous awareness for potential cost reductions in the operations
- Bachelor degree in accounting or finance
- Strong knowledge of Dutch VAT processes
- Knowledge of Belgian VAT and other regulatory processes preferred
- Advanced spreadsheet skills; an assessment is part of the procedure
- Cross-border experience and familiarity with intercompany processes
- Familiarity with international businesses operating on ERP systems; JDE experience is preferred
- Good understanding of internal control and financial reporting
- Flexible, accurate and strong analytical skills with strong influencing skills
- Strong written/verbal communications skills in Dutch & English
- Hands-on approach
- A great team player who enjoys communicating with colleagues in an informal way.
- Living near Harderwijk (max. 40 km) or willing to relocate, willing to work in Wijchen when necessary
Come, join us, and help us transform the world, the bike and have a blast while doing it!