A bit about us
Trek is an awesome place to work, with amazing benefits for all employees. We build only products we love, provide incredible hospitality to our customers, and change the world by getting more people on bikes. When you’re on our team, you’re taken care of, encouraged to learn and grow, and given lots of opportunities to do so. Give us your best, and we’ll give it right back. Sound pretty sweet? Then come join us!
What you’ll do
Trek Bicycle Company is seeking a fun, energetic, and motivated leader to be an Assistant Store Manager. We are looking for individuals looking to learn the business, show leadership, and ultimately, grow with the company.
This is a job for someone who loves people and cares about making the world a better place. It requires strong leadership skills and the ability to build up the people around you. You’ll be a mentor, a leader, and an inspiration—and you’ll do it all while having a whole lot of fun. Your goal is to help run not only a successful shop, but a shop that’s awesome for your community, your customers, and your employees. You will have the opportunity to change people’s lives.
This position will focus on customer service/sales and staff training/development.
- Ensure staff are properly trained to assist customers with their needs.
- Ensure proper training on new products.
- Oversee new employee training program.
- Provide coaching and development to store employees.
- Perform sales duties and provide customer service.
- Communicate with Store Manager and Trek Retail Services as needed on issues that may arise.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Assist store manager in daily responsibilities
- Be a strong leader for both Sales & Service teams
- Have a sense of urgency
- Follow the Assistant Store Manager Training program, learn the business, and strive for success and opportunity within.
The candidate must have general knowledge of necessary principles of management including creating the best in-store experience, sales, service, human resources, store operations, and visual merchandising. The training is structured and provides the ASM with daily and weekly feedback from the Store Manager and District Manager. The ASM completes daily readings and exercises, experiences and learns through on-the-job training, and completes weekly assessments. College education strongly preferred.
We believe in our bikes. We believe in our customers. We believe in our community. We strive to educate our customers and create positive cycling experiences, as well as the ultimate brand experience in-store.