Trek Bicycle Corporation is the world leader in bicycle products and accessories. Trek is dedicated to building bikes for the riders who inspire us, from the world’s greatest cyclist to the kid next door. That drive for new ideas and passion for building and selling bikes made us expand rapidly. TREK has several offices in the United States, Asia and Europe. The sales office for the Benelux together with some staffing functions and the Ascend team are located in Harderwijk and our main European Warehouse is in Wijchen. We want to reflect society and are looking for people with a diversity of backgrounds and experiences to form a powerful team together!
At Trek, our mission is to create products we love, take care of our customers, and get more people on bikes.
In our Ascend department, we aid in this crusade by providing bicycle shops with the greatest tool to thrive in retail: powerful software from a partner who cares. Our Retail Management Solution records sales, captures customer data, and provides detailed reporting.
Currently we are looking for a new fulltime colleague:
Ascend Support Technician Benelux
As a Customer Support Technician, you will become an Ascend expert for our customers. You will alleviate technical issues they face and educate them on best practices. You will exceed our customers’ expectations by proactively eliminating future problems. Phones will be your main communication tool, but email, remote connections, and personal visits will also be utilized. Rock star candidates are proactive teammates who enjoy troubleshooting and crave customer interaction. You will report directly to the Ascend manager for the Benelux.
- Answer all questions related to Ascend and escalate when needed.
- Guide our customers to success through empowering them with Ascend training.
- Document all customer support history to help eliminate issues in the program.
- Create, review and maintain our training and support resources.
- Create quotes and record signed quotes
- Analyzing and ordering required hardware
- Plan and execute installation of Ascend for new customers.Travel on-site as needed.
- Analyzing necessary features to further develop the Benelux market
- Participate pro-actively product meetings
- Work office shifts during our regular technical support hours of 8.30 am to 5 pm, Monday through Friday.
- Provide on-call support on weeknights and weekend days on a rotational basis.
- Be available for occasional travel.
- Customer Service experience
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in Dutch, French and English.
- A two-year technical degree or higher is desired. Other relevant experience will be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Retail experience a plus
- A working knowledge of Microsoft products, networking, desktop operating systems, and Office programs. SQL Server experience a plus!
- Ability to work remotely
- Be a team-oriented, positive-thinking, fun-loving, and proactive Rock Star!
Trek offers: An informal, challenging and motivating company culture, where initiative and pro-activity are appreciated. We provide you with a stimulating work environment with enthusiastic colleagues, responsibility and independence. We will compensate you with a competitive salary and benefits package. Please apply in English.